Wow, first, thank you SO much to everyone who came out of the woodwork to support FLOTSAM‘s launch last week. I am delighted and humbled by everyone’s purchases and their fantastic reviews. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Parvus Press and I are very happy with the way the novel is performing and are hopeful sales will continue with a little help from the algorithm gods. That said, if you enjoyed FLOTSAM but have yet to leave a review, could you please take some time to share your thoughts with everyone on Amazon and let them know why you loved reading about Talis and the crew of Wind Sabre?
As part of the launch campaign, I tried to get FLOTSAM visible out there on the cold, windswept plains of the internet. Rather than try to come up with something to say again, here’s a list of articles I wrote as guests spots on other, gracious bloggers’ websites. There’s plenty to read through here, so I’ll just end it reiterating how much everyone’s support means to me! To the readers, my family and friends, to Parvus, to the blog owners, to the authors who gave me such amazing blurbs for my quotes page: THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!
- How Do You Write? with Rachael Herron Ep. 079: RJ Theodore is Simply Delightful (March 2, 2018)
- Tor.com All the New Science Fiction Books Coming Out in March (March 7, 2018)
- The Petal to the Metal guest co-host Ep. 063: Special Guest, Rekka Jay (March 21, 2018)
- AlanBrenik.com Author Interview: R J Theodore (March 22, 2018)
- beauty-in-ruins.blogspot.com #Steampunk Review: Flotsam by R.J. Theodore (@bittybittyzap) (March 26, 2018)
- ParvusPress Blog Why I Love Flotsam (March 26, 2018)
- SFBluestocking.com Guest Post + Giveaway: “How Dare We Escape” by R.J. Theodore, Author of FLOTSAM (March 26, 2018)
- www.barnesandnoble.com This Week’s New Sci-Fi & Fantasy Books: Shakespearean Tragedy, Space Witches, and a VR Apocalypse (March 27, 2018)
- Kittywumpus.net R J Theodore Gives Away an Old Family Secret (March 27, 2018)
- Parvus Press FLOTSAM Facebook Live Mini Launch Party (March 27, 2018)
- readingandlitresources.blogspot.com An Interview with Author RJ Theodore (March 28, 2018)
- maryrobinettekowal.com My Favorite Bit: R J Theodore talks about Flotsam (March 29, 2018)
- terribleminds.com R.J. Theodore: Five Things I Learned Writing Flotsam (March 29, 2018)
- whiskeywithmybook.wordpress.com Why I Wrote Flotsam – Guest Post by R. J. Theodore (March 29, 2018)
Oh, and I have some events to announce!
- April 17: 7pm Author Chat & Signing at Byrd’s Books in Bethel, CT(FLOTSAM available for purchase)
- April 21: Westport Maker Faire, Westport Library, Westport, CT (Keynote and Booth; books available for purchase)
- May 17-20: 2018 SFWA Nebula Conference, Pittsburgh, PA (Attending, Speaking, Signing; FLOTSAM available in the Book Depot)
- May 25-27: Balticon 52, Baltimore, MD (Attending; books available for purchase)
- June 10: WestportWRITES “Write Your (Publishing) Adventure” Westport Library, Westport, CT
I will join editor-extraordinaire John Adamus for a conversation on the process of publication (Speaking; Books available for purchase)
- June 15-17: KetoCon, Austin, TX (Co-organizer, programming, signing; very limited books available for purchase)