I’m trying to give myself more time for the work, so here’s another bulleted status update. Whenever I do feel like I have more to say about things, I will, but for now, the work is the key.
- Reading the paperback proof, 20 chapters in (out of 44). Hope to finish this week and then make my edits on Saturday.
- Need to make a couple decisions about vocabulary as discussed in yesterday’s Asimov Hour recording.
- About to purchase a subscription to ProWritingAid to help me weed out commas, typos, etc. After just a moment of use, I appreciate the features compared to Grammarly, and it’s far more affordable (with a lifetime option I might use next year if I don’t run into issues).
- Waiting on next steps from my cover illustrator, after selecting the thumbnail elements to move ahead with.
- Lots of thinking about book launch and marketing strategies. Listening in on the Tim Grahl launch webinar this afternoon.
- Still working on the revisions.
- Rewriting scenes that aren’t functioning properly, with a focus on what the characters want and how they’d express that or not.
- Reading aloud as much as possible to craft better sentences.
- Got some great feedback from my critique group and am going to shift a few things around and check my science on a couple points that were highlighted.
- Have a book cover I purchased last week, ready for when I am.
- Waiting on Patreon banner artwork to get that more officially launched.
- Once the Amazon sales page has the free chapter available for preview, I want to release a backstory short story/novella/collection of tales that are hinted at in book one. Will let my Street Team subscribers pick the stories they’re most interested in hearing more about.
- Will start working on this in May/June.