Normally I’d find some theme with which to tie together the various stages of my process, and make it sound nice and hopeful or whatever for my Tuesday updates. But I have a LOT to do today, so we’ll have to settle for a bullet list, if you don’t mind!
- Consistently working on Salvage this week, revising. No plot changes have resulted thus far.
- Reviewing print proof of Flotsam, making notes in the margins. Trying to limit the things I believe are worth changing.
- Received thumbnails from Flotsam‘s cover illustrator yesterday, very happy, moving forward with a mix of elements!
- About to purchase a very affordably priced pre-made cover for Phantom Traveler. Planning to release that as a funnel book in late April.
- Received a revised version of sales copy for Flotsam. A couple of minor tweaks and I think we’re done! That’s all I need (aside from perfect timing) to run an InstaFreebie promotion. I’ll run the IF promo for Flotsam about a month before the release date.
- Mailing List first push was last week, and my list went from 1 to 32 names from passive request on Facebook and my close friends on MyFitnessPal (of all places). Starting to get some total strangers, which is exciting. No unsubscribes, yet (though two used spamalert’s screening service). Two automated emails have gone out to the earliest adopters. They’ll start getting their invitations to join my ARC list a week from tomorrow.
- Toying with the idea of writing a prequel novella for Flotsam to serve as the reader magnet once the first chapter is available on the Amazon sales page. Might let my advanced reader group pick which story they’d want to read after they get their Flotsam ARCs.
That’s about it for now! It’s actually kind of a lot!