This week I am really channeling my focus into making the proofing edits of Flotsam, so I want to keep this short. Also, apologies for the lack of Asimov Hour video today. I forgot to turn the camera on until halfway through, at which point I found that the battery was dead.
Here’s the process stuff that’s on my mind:
- Reviewing and deciding on Proofreading Edits – Goal to Finish by Friday night (currently at 17%);
- After proof edits, continue revising book two, moving forward from the opening hook even though it’s not perfect, to a spot I can apply fresh eyes to (since the issues identified in last week’s coaching session apply to the whole book);
- Putting Phantom Traveler stuff aside for the time being, until all the pieces come together (still reviewing for my crit group to keep my score up – currently at 200% of the necessary 75%);
- Email marketing laid out, waiting to push it until much closer to the publication date (planning Instafreebie to start);
- Filed Trade Names for my pen name and my overarching small business, waiting 90 days to file copyright for book one before I share it;
- Will lay out paperback and hardcover to use page counts to get templates from CS and IS to provide to my illustrator before she begins.
That’s plenty of work, I think, to get me through the end of March.
I also want to jazz up my Asimov Hour video branding, and will be working on creating an intro and outro for that.